Saturday, February 6, 2010

I haven't had chocolate since pudding.

At my impromtu Quilt Party tonight there was an abundance of chocolate and giggling...even at old jokes most appreciated by 15 year old boys!

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs, in a lake?
Bob.

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?
Russel.

What do you call a woman with one leg and one arm?
Ilene.
(Bet she doesn't have a leg to stand on!) :-D

**update at 11:30 pm, When Eric and I told these jokes to Isaac he said "I've never heard thos before!"**

No sewing machines were buzzing, but there was rotary cutting and lots of knitting needles clicking away on socks and sweaters.

Carn, Sarah and I worked on french knots for Carns project And Still Counting.
I hope that everyone who knows her can complete some more quilts for her, so she can reach her Memorial Day deadline.

In my excitement of dreaming of her completion she pointed it out that the deadline only marks the end of Phase One. Phase Two is sewing sleeves to the back of 1,000 of the blocks so that it is suitable for hanging in any venue.

I think she really needs a happy push on this; because as any project that's so monumental and emotional, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and feel defeated about reaching completion.
And Carn needs help with publicity, getting the word out, getting hanging venues and such.

And I wish I knew someone who could professionally photograph it for free, and then another person who could print her Artist postcards for free.

In some stream of discussion I brought up that I wouldn't take a $5,000.00 Visa card in exchange for those people going through my closet, embarassing me on national television, standing in that mirrored closet of shame, and filming me privately when I'm wearing bad fashion. (Which is every minute of every day)
Carn and Sarah said they would go for it, if the show was actually about showing you how to dress for success at places like Kohls and JC Penney. Carn said that anybody could find fashion in NYC, but try finding it at Herbergers in St. Cloud Minnesota! I forgot what she said about Herbergers, something about velour sweat suits and clothing for ages 70 and up.

So that gave me the idea to write to that show, and Herbergers and Kohls and tell them they should set something up... maybe Carn and Sarah will get a phone call! ;-D

1 comment: