Sunday, February 21, 2010

Foot in the Door 4 at Minneapolis Institute of Arts Museum

Opening Reception Night = MAD HOUSE! You can see from the photo above that it was shoulder to shoulder in the entire room. Puts a whole new spin on the postcard that says "Rub elbows with hundreds of Minnesota artists." Rub elbows, arms, shoulders, backs, butts, et al! When I took this photo I didn't know my piece was in it.

A large percentage of the 4,800 Artists showed up, plus many family and friends, the Museums "Third Thursday" event, and even
Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles. It was nuts! When I got there the line to the MAEP was only as far as Ancient Art and it took about 25 minutes to reach the exhibit, but when I walked out the line was through the entire museum beginning at "China", which is the hall above the Museum Lobby! I'll go back another time when no-one is there.
In the museum lobby they played a slide show on the wall. Not only were all the Entrants pieces photographed and flickered by less than one second at a time, but also a time-lapse of the installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment