Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Tree Project Pattern by Wanda Shelton

At Minnesota Contemporary Quilters Wanda Shelton came forward with the Tree Project where all who sign up will receive the tree pattern, make the tree art quilt front and then it will be cut into 4 quarters (on the fold lines of the pattern) and the pieces exchanged and then put back together and completed.  You keep 1/4 of your own, but you will have the 3 other quarters replaced by the other quilters who also completed their tops.
I'm inspired by 2 ideas. One being that Sharon Englund has not only already started hers, but she's going to sew on individual 2-sided leaves and I like that idea.  And the 2nd inspiration is just looking out my window at the lovely bright yellow maple with the blue sky behind.
Since many of the leaves on my beautiful maple have already fallen, I will have some of the branches showing through.  I've done a rough sketch of some arty branches.  They remind me of thorns!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful and I am excited how it will look after you shared.
    ~~ Heike

    ReplyDelete