I removed all the buildings because it wasn't looking natural.
Seeing that it didn't look right has really made me lose interest in the piece.
I decided that I would add some approximate sky and earth, even tho' I don't know what I'll end up with in the end. There will be black or grey in the very center representing the street.
So in the mean time I've been taking some of the scraps and making beads and buttons. Most of these scraps already have fusible on them, but if not I use a little glue stick.
I wish I were more passionate about this project. Letting the intuitiveness direct me is a lot more fun than this. Now it's a just a chore I wish to be finished with by Monday night!